Despite heavy rain, around 1000 people marched through the streets of Bologna on 23 March 2013, in a general demonstration against the Bossi-Fini law, a restrictive law on immigration from 2002. The demands were clear:
- The guarantee of a residence permit for everyone, not related to a job or income
- The end of daily institutional racism
- The end of the fraudulent act of indemnity
- The end of the farce of humanitarian permits and the fictitious right of asylum
- The permanent closure of all Centres for identification and deportation (CIE).
The call to demonstrate came from Coordinamento Migranti Bologna who wanted to give a strong signal to the newly elected parliament, by asking for the repeal of the Bossi-Fini law. “We’ve become stronger inside and outside our workplaces, we left behind the fear and we took the floor together, women and men. Now it’s time to take to the…
Ursprünglichen Post anzeigen 358 weitere Wörter